13 Benefits of 24/7 Nurse Triage Programs
Unique ID: 30976a3d-ddee-4b4b-a71f-352b46f192c5
Are you looking to reduce workers’ compensation costs? At Assurance, we’ve seen positive results from clients implementing a 24/7 nurse triage hotline. This risk management strategy can lower claims 15-20%, reduce costs 25-30% and eliminate lag time reporting which often increases claims cost by 3%.
A 24/7 nurse triage program is essentially an injury hotline. When an injury occurs, the injured employee and/or supervisor places a call to the hotline which is staffed by trained, telephonic triage nurses. The Registered Nurses can recommend first-aid advice or medical treatment to employer-designated medical care sites. With this approach, the employer/insurance carrier is aware of the injured employee and can better handle claims. This in turn keeps workers’ compensation costs down.
Wondering what some key benefits of a 24/7 nurse triage hotline are? Check them out:
- Reduces both direct and indirect bottom line costs
- Provides a quick, easy and cost-efficient way to immediately report workplace injuries
- Sends a clear message to your workplace that you care about employee health and safety
- Reduces lag time reporting
- Lowers experience mods
- Reduces litigation
- Reduces claims frequency and severity
- Avoids doctor and emergency room visits
- Helps employees return to work quicker
- Utilizes preferred provider networks
- Provides employers with notice of injuriy within minutes
- Generates incident and injury data so employers can better focus on safety and injury prevention
- Records calls for case documentation, quality assurance and fraud deterrence and defense
All of these benefits aid in keeping workers’ compensation costs low. Some companies we recommend include TriageNow or Company Nurse. If you have additional questions about implementing a 24/7 nurse triage, contact an ‘A’ Team member today.
- Claims Triage and Its Role in Reducing Workers’ Compensation
- Using Social Media in Claims Investigations
- Back to Basics: Workers’ Compensation Seminar
- Safety Culture Performance Metrics Webinar
ABOUT THE AUTHOR