My Favorite Time of Year
Unique ID: d7cbc7b4-7ec8-42ed-a9ad-07a86d9bdf1b
Nope, it’s not Christmas. For many HR folks (and employee benefits folks) the fourth quarter represents one major event: open enrollment. And I would say generally, this is a stressful time. It’s the one time of year the HR team has to focus on making plan changes, offering new benefits, potentially making changes to the contributions and then creating a strategy to get it all done by January 1.
One thing, amidst the chaos, that isn’t always understood is that open enrollment can be a great opportunity for communicating to your organization. And not just communication on the benefits program, but other key items that are happening in the organization. The most successful open enrollments can create a higher level of engagement by the employees. But how does this happen?
There are several things you can do to drive a successful open enrollment, some questions to ask yourself:
- What’s the culture of the organization and how are you incorporating it?
- What’s the best method of communication – meetings, WebEx, emails, etc.?
- What’re the key things that’ll be happening in the coming year that employees can get excited about?
- How does technology play in to your communication?
- How do you address multi-generational employees?
Employers get full attention from employees during open enrollment, so use this to your advantage! Figure out a way to push the message you feel will get your employees engaged!
Need some help with your employee benefits communications strategy? Assurance offers a full suite of Employee Benefits Communication & Education services to our clients. Contact us for more information.
- It's Open Enrollment Time...Again (Part 1)
- It's Open Enrollment Time...Again (Part 2)
- Educating Employees on Voluntary Benefits
ABOUT THE AUTHOR