Top 10 Benefits of Mentorship in the Workplace
Unique ID: 77c29d12-376a-4c14-b552-151a9120d145
Staffing & PEO Employee Mentorship
Over the past decade I’ve learned that our peers can be our greatest resource. Regardless of age, tenure or experience level, we don’t always know the answers on our own. Often times, there are things we’re trying to make sense of, problems we’re trying to solve and sticky situations we’re trying to untangle, and it’s nice to bounce these “issues” off of someone else who’s perhaps faced the same situation.
Who’s that one person you always turn to in the workplace for help? Are they a teammate or manager? What about a mentor? Having a formal, or even informal, mentorship program can make a positive difference when connecting various generations and experience levels. It’s probably more obvious to see the benefits employees personally receive when they have a designated mentor, but what about the benefits received by the employer?
Here are just 10 benefits employers gain from mentorship programs:
- A learning culture is created where knowledge is continually shared in a collaborative nature.
- Mentoring helps employees reach their full potential; thus promoting their personal and professional development in a supportive way.
- Mentorship enhances leadership and coaching skills in current and future managers.
- Mentorship engages and motivates your top-talent employees.
- Employers of mentored employees gain from greater productivity in the workplace.
- Employees turn to mentors for advice; thus making fewer mistakes; thus cutting loss to employers.
- Employees in mentntoring relationships tend to have greater job satisfaction and feel a high level of engagement in their roles.
- Greater job satisfaction leads to a more positive work environment.
- A positive work environment creates less employee turnover and workers feel a greater sense of loyalty to their company.
- Mentors are leaders. Leaders don’t produce followers. They create additional leaders.
So, why not make the connection, spread your knowledge and encourage others to do the same at your company!
- How Do You Make Millennials Happy?
- Communicating Benefits to a Multi-Generational Workforce Webcast
- Employee Benefits through the Eyes of Millennials
- Human Resources E-Book
ABOUT THE AUTHOR