Why Start a Wellness Program for External Staff
Unique ID: a4c10c4c-c73b-42e2-b282-c17d92a8ebd3
Wellness programs are a great tool for businesses that want to attract and retain top talent. It’s relatively simple to provide a plan that caters to employees who are on set schedules and consistent lengths of employment. However, staffing companies have unique challenges when it comes to starting a wellness program for external staff.
External staff tends to have fluctuating lengths of employment and sporadic schedules. As the HR representative, comptroller or one who got “chosen” to handle employee benefits, why would you want to add more to your plate? Why create more work for you and your staff to implement an external wellness program? Well, a few reasons actually:
- External staff, while sometimes challenging to coordinate with, is your life blood. Giving them compelling reason to make you their company of choice provides access to higher quality employees; those quality employees will keep your customers happy, which keeps your bottom line happy.
- If you’re like many staffing companies, you’ve likely chosen a self-insured health plan in order to comply with the ACA and its affordability requirements. This means you have a vested interest in your employees taking care of themselves. The lower their healthcare costs, the less money you’ll need to spend as a company. Also, the healthier your workforce, the more productive they are, which means fewer sick days and possible workers’ compensation claims.
- Having a wellness program in place shows employees, clients and the community that as a business you truly care about your people. And this is priceless from a PR perspective.
Stay tuned. Later this year I’ll discuss how a wellness program looks for a staffing company’s external staff.
- Wellness & Safety Programs: What’s the Correlation Webinar Recording
- Self-Funding Solution for Healthcare and ACA Woes Webinar Recording
- Wellness ROI & Beyond Webinar Recording
- Obesity and Workers’ Compensation Costs White Paper
- Wellness Blog Articles
- Wellness E-Book
ABOUT THE AUTHOR