Why You Need to Offer Web-Based Open Enrollment
Unique ID: bdd4bf17-deb9-41e2-b7ae-a83996b63c65
As the next big wave of open enrollment comes upon us, it’s time to start thinking about effectively communicating employee benefits packages to employees. A lot of time and money is spent creating a plan, and it should be your mission to ensure you deliver the information in the best way possible! How many times after a benefits meeting does an employee go home and try to explain the benefits to their dependents and come back with more questions? My point exactly. Web-based meetings are a great solution to present detailed information to employees (and dependents) and address their question in real time.
Web-based meetings help reach all employees no matter their location. Just think of the many different challenges during open enrollment season:
- Out-of-state location employees with different time zones
- Remote employees who don’t work in offices
- Shiftwork employees (different morning and evening schedules)
- Education for dependents
- Retirees and/or COBRA participants
- Employees on vacation or leave
- Future new hires.
So how does the suggested solution of web-based enrollment really work? It’s so easy! The employer simply emails the invitation to employees, which allows them to register for a date and time that works best for them. They, then get to be part of a live open enrollment meeting of their choice. The web-based meeting allows the presenter to mute the line and participants can ask questions via the web as opposed to verbally. When appropriate, the presenter will gather the questions and reply to the participants so everyone can hear the answers. Of course, the meeting can be recorded and stored on your company’s intranet or drive for future reference.
By improving delivery, you’ll significantly enhance employee engagement and participation. Employees will be able to see and understand the value of their package by gaining a better understanding of their benefits. For more tips on communicating benefits to a multi-generational workforce, check out our webinar replay.
- My Favorite Time of Year
- It's Open Enrollment Time...Again (Part 1)
- It's Open Enrollment Time...Again (Part 2)
- Educating Employees on Voluntary Benefits
- Public Entity and Education Industry Page
- Public Entity and Education Blog
- Public Entity and Education Webinar Replays
- Public Entity and Education Library Resources
ABOUT THE AUTHOR