Unique ID: f7d11bc5-5f95-46f4-88f9-0cd37774e2c0

Schaumburg, IL (April 3, 2012) - Continuing a streak of Best Place to Work awards for its dynamic culture, Assurance – a Top 50” U.S. broker – was recently named a Best Place to Work in Illinois for the fifth consecutive year by The Daily Herald Business Ledger. The statewide survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Illinois further benefiting the state's economy, workforce and businesses. The 2012 Best Places to Work in Illinois list is made up of 31 companies in the small/medium-sized list (15-249 U.S. employees) and 19 companies in the large-sized list (250+ U.S. employees).

To be considered for participation, companies had to fulfill the following requirements: have at least 15 employees working in Illinois; be a publically or privately held business; own a facility in Illinois; be a for-profit, nonprofit or government entity; have been in business a minimum of one year. Companies from across the state entered the two-part evaluation process. The first part – worth 25% of the total evaluation – consisted of reviewing each nominated company's workplace policies, practices and demographics. The second part entailed an employee survey measuring each person's experience; this counted for the remaining 75% of the evaluation.

"Winning this award is a great testament to the culture our entire Assurance community builds and actively participates in,” noted Lisa Pinion, Senior Vice President of Human Resources. She continued,”Our management and employee support in creating a Best Place to Work environment is truly what drives our business to succeed.”

The Best Places to Work in Illinois list and rankings will be officially unveiled at an awards ceremony on Thursday, May 17, 2012. The rankings will also be published in a special supplement produced by The Daily Herald Business Ledger on June 25, 2012. Last year, the Chicago and St. Louis area insurance brokerage took the top spot on the small/medium-sized business list.