Unique ID: 94cc6718-e885-45fd-83d0-507f57124971

Schaumburg, IL (October 23, 2012) – Continuing a diverse streak of awards, Assurance was recently named a Best Places to Work in Insurance for a fourth consecutive year by Business Insurance (BI) magazine. It doesn't stop there, as the Chicago-based independent insurance brokerage won the number one spot on the list for retail brokers with less than 250 employees. The award process is a joint effort by BI magazine and the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania-based Best Companies Group (BCG) – an independent workplace excellence research firm. BCG managed the registration process, conducted surveys, evaluated the data and selected the firms for inclusion on this year's list.

The assessment was a two-part process. Part one—responsible for 75% of a company's score—involved a confidential employee engagement and satisfaction survey, which was used to evaluate employees' workplace experience and the company culture. The second part of the assessment, responsible for the remaining 25% of a company's score, was an employer questionnaire which collected information about each company's benefit programs, policies, practices and other general information. Using the two sets of data, BCG experts conducted an in-depth analysis of the strengths and opportunities at each company. To make the "Best Places to Work in Insurance” list, each company had to demonstrate a minimum standard of excellence. BCG's work also involves a comparative analysis of the companies on the list.

Assurance achieved number one on the list due its robust employee engagement and recognition programs. Those specifically mentioned by the magazine include the company's yearly Employee Appreciation Day which have ranged from renting out Wrigley Field to a private Second City performance and Lake Michigan boat cruise. Another employee recognition program highlighted is the employees of the year” honor bestowed upon two individuals at the annual holiday party. The two are given a crystal award and cash bonus.

The list and rankings were unveiled in the October 22 issue of Business Insurance magazine. The top workplaces were also honored at a luncheon hosted by the publication in Chicago on October 16th. For a full list of winners, visit www.businessinsurance.com.